Friday, November 2, 2007

Writers' strike

Now, I'm not going to get into the whole politics of the impending strike (doom?) that will, presumably, take effect on Monday. One of the reasons is because I have no clue as to what they are arguing about. From what I gathered from the so-called trade papers is that it has something to do with the DVDs. Does that mean that once the studios come together and decide which new HD format we will be spending our hard-earned money on, there will be a threat of a new strike? The small print, my friends.

What am I rambling about again? I have no idea, but all I can wish for them is to sort the mess out so that I could have something to do at work. I'm bored to death! I mean, is it really that big of a deal? I would take a side (as a wannabe writer, I should side with the Guild, but it is nothing more than a country club for writers with zero-to-nothing talent). Think about it: in order to get into the Guild, you have to have a movie made. And now think about the movies they keep putting out there. And the TV shows. Yes, those are the people. They are striking.

Oh yes, and there is a flood in Mexico where 300,000 (latest tally as I am going to press) people are stranded. Oh, and there was a bomb near the Presidential Suite in Pakistan last week. And, Sarkozy (look up) and his wife just divorced. And an elitist country club of cliche-creators want an extra dollar for every DVD that we buy. Well, with the emergence of the new technology, they might just as well ask for another 50 cents for HD-DVD and 51 cents for BluRay. We'll see.

No comments: