Monday, January 14, 2008

iTunes Shuffle

Well, since I am unemployed and bored, I thought I'd play my iTunes library in shuffle and see what comes up. Here are the 30 (why? I don't know) songs that come up:

Ghosts by Chris Cornell (Carry on): I'm not sure I like this song yet. Sometimes it feels like a filler and sometimes I get into it a lot.

Baby Hates Me by Danko Jones (sampler): It definitely has a groove, but not that remarkable.

Can't Live Without You by Scorpions (Blackout): You can't really go wrong with the Scorps. It feels a little too similar to Van Halen for comfort, though...

Nickelodeon by Marc Bolan & T-Rex (20th Century Super Star Disc 1): A mandolin-led song that is easy on the ears.

Not the One by the Offspring (Smash): Every song on this album is awesome. And this is no exception.

In Perfect Harmony by Within Temptation (Mother Earth): The problem with the female-led goth-metal bands is the ballad situation. This is a case in point.

I Am the One (live) by W.A.S.P. (The Crimson Idol Disc 2): It's W.A.S.P. for godsake! Of course it is amazing.

Beyond the Wheel by Soundgarden (Ultramaga OK): An early gem. They used to sound so menacing.

Sulk by Radiohead (The Bends): Back in the day Radiohead used to write songs...

Flight by Kitaro (The Best of Ten Years (1976-86): Kitaro makes every note his own. Brilliant.

Run Away by Live (Birds of Pray): A radio-friendly ballad that is not too corny.

The Sign of the Southern Cross by Black Sabbath (Mob Rules): One of Sab's best songs. The riff is heavier and headier than anything out there.

(Your Love Is) Drivin' Me Crazy by Y&T (In Rock We Trust): I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet...

River Town by Live (Birds of Pray): One my favourite Live songs. I would love to hear this live (geddit?).

The General by Dispatch (Bang Bang): I love the intro to this. Gets a little boring towards the end, though. Actually it gets boring when he starts singing.

Are You Ready? by AC/DC (The Razor's Edge): I mean, do they need any comments?

Overcome by Live (V): Another Live song? The only good song on that otherwise terrible album.

Comatose by Pearl Jam (Pearl Jam): Absolutely fucking fantastic. But, aren't they always?

April Come She Will by Simon & Garfunkel (Tales From New York - The Very Best of): Sitting on a beach, playing guitar while my girl is lying next to me...

Stoned in the Temple by Glenn Hughes (The Way It Is): The Voice of Rock...'nuff said.

Ride a Black Swan by Zwan (Mary Star of the Sea): A shame they didn't follow this up.

The Frayed Ends of Sanity by Metallica (...And Justice for All): Is it me or have NKOTB sampled the intro for Step by Step?

Warm Tape by Red Hot Chili Peppers (By the Way): The only hiccup in an otherwise perfect album.

Enter Sandman by Metallica (Black album): I don't think it's that good. They have far superior songs on this album.

Broken Face by Pixies (Surfer Rosa): Well, it's the Pixies...

Nobody's Fault but Mine by Led Zeppelin (Presence): Dave Mustaine claims this as the best Zeppelin album. I'm beginning to agree with him.

Lazy Days, Crazy Nights by Tesla (The Great Radio Controversy): There is something different about Tesla that I can't put my finger on...

Endless Summer by Zwan (Mary Star of the Sea): Please, bring Zwan back!

So Far Away by Dire Straits (Sultans of Swing - The Very Best of): Not their best one, but a very very underrated band.

O Death by Ralph Stanley (O Brother, Where Art Thou?): One of the amazing tracks on the best soundtrack ever. Period.

Well, with the exception of The Sign of the Southern Cross and River Town I don't love any of these songs. But I can assure you, I have far better songs in my library...Yes, I do...

Peace

No comments: